Funkmaster Flex has found himself caught up in yet another hip hop beef.
The Hot 97 DJ hit instagram over the weekend with a few jokes that Suge Knight, Jr. didn’t appreciate. If you’ll recall, the former Death Row Records CEO was charged with murder back in February 2015 in a hit-and-run that killed one and injured another.
On Saturday, Flex posted a video of Suge in court. His caption is what caught Knight, Jr.’s attention See below.
Hahaha! Bet he wanna turn back that clock and dance in them videos!!!! He humble pie! Lotta yes sir/no sir !!! UPDATED! Niggas worried about my post… Defend that honor to the barber with the quick hands or them “homies” doing interviews.. @sugejknight Hahaha!!!!!!! I respect your opinion… respect mine! Been talking that talk on and off the radio!
A post shared by FunkFlex (@funkflex) on Jul 8, 2017 at 12:44am PDT
Soon after, Knight, Jr. caught wind of the joke and had a few thoughts of his own, aimed at Flex, who he says is a “low life.”
@funkflex Whoa Flex now you crossing the line. You’re a lowlife and only a punk to even say this while my pops is locked up unjustly. You’re way too old to be keeping up this division between us black men and you also show how much you lack being a man. Whatever you’re mad about 20 years ago you should’ve pressed the issue 20 years ago. You’re a lame OG and you will never be an OG because you still move like a little bitch. Bad representation of the east Thats why you’re a female bro. You was just crying not too long ago… All I’m going to say is leave my family alone dude because we not worried about you, but you really asking for it and you not worth it. Plus if we check you, then we are the bullies all because a punk like you wanted some attention. #FreeSuge #LetThatHurtGo #BeRoleModelNotABitch
A post shared by Suge Jacob knight (@sugejknight) on Jul 8, 2017 at 1:57am PDT
Flex has since responded by updating his original caption. “UPDATED! N*ggas worried about my post… Defend that honor to the barber with the quick hands or them “homies” doing interviews.. @sugejknight Hahaha!!!!!!! I respect your opinion… respect mine! Been talking that talk on and off the radio!” Flex wrote.
Flex also posted his full explanation on why he had jokes. Read below:
My brother I hear your point… and I’m going to break it down… I watched your father (in person) mid nineties get on that Source Award stage and display such bad energy towards People that looked up to him I couldn’t believe it! He forever divided people with negativity because a new team was coming along shining bright! But what Suge didn’t know is that no matter what coast u was from…. SUGE had an amazing blue print with DeathRow that every new comer to the Buisness wanted to copy… He helped artist that couldn’t help themselves… which in the music Buisness gets the utmost respect! But you are young and u aren’t dumb! Your father helped fuel that beef on every level… and that I did witness first hand… u yourself started our encounter with “tuff” talk because u know what your father means to “some people” so if your going to be @sugejknight u should know what comes with that energy! I know it’s hard because u are born into a “situation” ! Your dad helped Many people and he hurt many people also… he created an energy that hurt lives…. and he has never acknowledged his wrong doings! I hope the system doesn’t take advantage of him but I hope if he gets a second chance at life he does things differently! Been very hard to let it go my brother but I will try.
A post shared by FunkFlex (@funkflex) on Jul 8, 2017 at 11:39am PDT
But Knight, Jr. isn’t here for any of it:
A post shared by Suge Jacob knight (@sugejknight) on Jul 9, 2017 at 7:32pm PDT
Tweet us your thoughts. Does Flex make a good point?
21 Facts You Might Not Have Known About Tupac Shakur
1. While at a hotel with his ex-wife, Keisha Morris, the room they were in caught fire. Reportedly, “Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn’t trust her because she didn’t stay with him to fight the fire.”
1 of 18
2. Tupac bought Biggie Smalls his first Rolex.
2 of 18
3. His mom originally named him Lesane Parish Crooks.
3 of 18
4. Tupac’s mom, Afeni Shakur, was a Black Panther, in jail on bombing charges at the time of her pregnancy with the rapper.
4 of 18
5. Tupac was homeless when he first moved to California, living in different shelters for approximately two years.
5 of 18
6. Tupac was a really big fan of actor Jim Carrey.
6 of 18
7. Though Tupac is known for representing the West Coast, he was actually born on the East side of Harlem.
7 of 18
8. Tupac once cried after talking to Maya Angelou on the set of “Poetic Justice.”
8 of 18
9. When marrying Keisha Morris, the priest got to the part where he states “with all your worldly possessions…” Tupac interrupted, letting the priest know: “Well, Keisha can’t have my pool table or my big screen TV.”
9 of 18
10. During an altercation in 1993, Tupac shot two policemen – one in the leg and the other in the butt. Charges against the rapper were later dropped.
10 of 18
11. Tupac and Fredo Starr met at the premiere of “Sunset Park.”
11 of 18
12. Mike Dyson says that during Tupac’s final hours on Earth, “Vincent” by Don Maclean was played repetitively.
12 of 18
13. He and Jada Pinkett Smith once kissed to see if they had any chemistry – but according to Jada, “It had to be the most disgusting kiss for us both.”
13 of 18
14. Tupac spent 15 days in prison after punching “Menace II Society” director Allen Hughes in the face. He was later replaced by Lorenz Tate. Witnesses say it was more like Hughes was fighting 30 people, referring to Tupac’s entourage who was allegedly jumping him.
14 of 18
15. Pac was required to take an HIV test before doing love scenes with Janet Jackson in “Poetic Justice.”
15 of 18
16. When he died, he was engaged to actress Kidada Jones.
16 of 18
17. Tupac got his last name from his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur.
17 of 18
18. Tupac reportedly had sex with almost all of the women in his x-rated music video “How Do U Want It,” then passed out from exhaustion.
18 of 18
21 Facts You Might Not Have Known About Tupac Shakur